Delete Whatsapp Messages: Whatsapp is the most popular social networking app that is used worldwide. There are more than 900 million users for this app. This app has the features of messaging, sharing, status updates, etc, among that Whatsapp messages have become more popular. Many of the users don’t know how to delete Whatsapp message from the server and this article is for them who don’t know how to delete Whatsapp chat history and messages on their Android, iPhone and Blackberry phones.
You can delete Whatsapp messages easily but sometimes still those messages remain in the server. So if you want to delete Whatsapp message permanently then you also need to delete messages from the server too. Basically, this Whatsapp does not charge anything for messages so this app has become more and more popular nowadays.
This messenger is available for the smartphones of android, blackberry, windows, and iPhones too. But this app has different settings and appearance for the different devices we use. So if you want to delete Whatsapp chat then it becomes different for all mobiles which are listed out in this article clearly. Continue Reading…
How to Delete Whatsapp Messages
You can also delete Whatsapp messages from the group chat, normal chat, and history. All these will be different that is explained below.
Delete Whatsapp Message From Chat
Below are the steps to delete Whatsapp message from a particular chat. Follow the below steps:
- First, Open to Whatsapp in your device.
- Open the message of the user which you want to delete.
- Now see for the message you want to delete.
- Tap and hold on the message for 1 sec. Now a particular message will be selected.
- If you want to delete multiple messages then tap on each message you want to delete.
- See down for delete option like a bin.
- Click on that your message will be deleted.
That’s it!! it is super easy to delete the chat messages with just a few clicks. Now we will look at the other 2 methods as well.
Delete Whatsapp Messages From Group Chat
You can also delete the messages from group chat.
- Go to Whatsapp account
- Hold on the group you want to delete.
- You will see the pop up with options of delete, exit.
- First, you need to exit from the group.
- Now delete all the messages by tapping and holding messages.
- Now hold on the icon and click on the delete group option. This will delete your group.
As simple as that. Do these few steps and delete the messages from a group chat. Feel free to ask your doubts if you have any.
- Chromecast without wifi
- Dual monitor wallpaper 2019
- Salman khan phone number 2019
- Volume booster windows 10
- Best two player apps
Delete Whatsapp messages permanently from the server
By doing the above process you can be able to delete Whatsapp message from chats. But this is not done permanently. Still, your messages will exist in the servers. So to delete Whatsapp messages from server follow the below steps.
- Go to Whatsapp messenger app and open the app.
- Go to settings and swipe it down.
- To delete all conversations, scroll down to below and select delete all conversations.
- Now the chats and conversations will be deleted but the backup of files exists.
- Your Chat History Backup files are saved in the/sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases/ folder. This you cannot open.
- Now go to file manager. If not launch it on your device.
- Tap on the whatsapp folder.
- All the subfolders and images videos will be here.
- Now tap and hold the database file.
- Select delete. It will erase everything.
- If you want to delete only some files then go to media and select the files you want to delete.
That’s it!!! Your files will get erased now. You can select the multiple files and erase them from the database. Also for a simple process, you can choose the video files, chats, music, images to delete them.
Check this video to delete old Whatsapp messages. Step by step process to delete the old messages are mentioned clearly in the video. Do check this video for sure.
FAQ’s on Delete Whatsapp Messages
Hence we Hope you have got to know how to delete Whatsapp messages permanently from a server. You can delete Whatsapp messages from a chat or group chat and for further you can delete those messages from the server too. If you are using Whatsapp web then its better to clear the database and start using them again. Hope you like this article and share it on social networking sites. Feel free to ask your questions in the comment box below. Stay tuned to Trickism for more articles on different topics.